In order to best comply with the city’s compost ordinance, our compost bins will be locked to the general public. If you would like to compost please apply for our 2021 compost program by April 12th, 2021.
In order to not overwhelm the compost system and volunteers, the number of compost members is limited to 20. To best serve our immediate community, preference for the compost program will be given to existing garden members, volunteers, and those in closest proximity to the garden.
$40 compost membership gets you:
- Compost workshop and orientation (TBA)
- Optional 2 gallon compost bucket and lid
- Included in garden internal work group (Slack)
- Free reservation for fire pit and patio (min $25 value)
- Discounted membership fees the following year for those that have volunteered to maintain the compost bins.
Compost program is included at no additional cost to garden members. However, please register below to help us track our compost capacity.
If you are unable to become a member, composting will be available for volunteers during our weekly Stewardship Days on Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm.
To learn more about composting in Chicago, visit Advocates for Urban Agriculture.